To repair a damaged COM+ catalog, do the following:
- Locate the file %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll and rename it to ~Clbcatq.dll (note the tilde). %Windir% is an environment variable that usually translates to C:\Windows.
- Reboot the computer in Safe Mode.
- Open the Registry and delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3.
- Look in the %WinDir% directory for a subdirectory named Registration. Delete Registration entirely, including any files inside it.
- Reboot the machine normally.
- At a command line, type regsvr32 %windir%\system32\ole32.dll, and click OK on the acknowledgement that comes up.
- Open Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Next to reinstall COM+. You do not need to select any components to add or remove; COM+ is reinstalled automatically as a matter of course.
You shouldn't have to reboot after this; the re-registered COM+ services should work immediately.
How do I clean up a damaged COM+ catalog in Windows 2000 ist älter und ähnlich (erwähnt nix von Safe Mode, was für XP und dessen File Protection sinnvoll klingt)